Three main showings discovered with VMS type deposits. These three all contain high grade ore in zones up to 75m wide each. A recent assay at the camp shows high grade zinc, lead, silver and gold at over 9g/ton. A new showing shows signs of being over 1km on strike.
- The Nitnat VMS1, VMS2 & VMS3 tenures are located, on southwestern Vancouver Island. The tenures are approximately 70km from Port Alberni, 90km from Lake Cowichan, 85km from Port Renfrew & 145km from Duncan as the crow flies. Access is permitted year-round from two locations Lake Cowichan or Port Alberni.
- The area is underlain by Upper Triassic Karmutsen Formation (Vancouver Group) basalts. Upper Triassic Quatsino Formation (Vancouver Group) limestone occurs to the south, and Early to Middle Jurassic Island Plutonic Suite granodiorite to the north. The property appears to be located at the junction of two shear zones. Faults trending north occur along the Little Nitinat River and the rocks have undergone green-schist facies metamorphism.
- Mineralization occurs as massive sulphides and fault controlled. Argillic alteration is best developed in felsic volcanic rocks with silicification along some of the larger faults. Mineralization comprises massive sulphide lenses of pyrite, pyrrhotite, chalcopyrite, galena and sphalerite and shear/fracture zones with pyrite, sphalerite and galena. Marcasite was noted in the work done in 1916.
- The property to date has received detailed prospecting at the copper and camp showings. Several other targets were discovered in the vicinity with showings of massive and semi massive sulfides. Gold bearing arsenopyrite in bedrock chip and grab samples south of the copper showing was found.
- A total of 205 samples were found, of which 45 were removed and analyzed with a Portable XRF. These include high grade VMS chip samples at both the camp and copper showings. Various bank grab samples, bedrock, float and road grab samples. The several zones on the property including the camp, copper, new pyrite and arsenopyrite zones to date show the most promise. The bulk of exploration work was spent in these areas.
- At the Camp showing all samples analyzed by ALS Minerals exceeded 100g/ton silver, over 1% lead, over 1% zinc and one sample analyzed at 9.21g/ton gold. Portable XRF analysis shows silver, lead zinc to be substantially higher.
- At the copper showing, ALS Minerals analyzed one sample containing chalcopyrite over 1%. Using a portable XRF this copper sample was at 18%. A second sample containing pyrite showed 0.5% copper. Both samples showed silver exceeding 100g/ton with moderate gold values on the assays. Initial portable XRF analysis showed both samples exceeding 250g/ton silver.
- Multiple high grade assays are available from previous property owners including several drill holes which intercepted several high grade areas at the camp showing.
This property is available for option or sale.